1.Award Category: "Sustainable Business Champion of the Year"
The "Sustainable Business Champion of the Year" award recognises and celebrates outstanding individuals, companies, or organisations that have made significant contributions to the promotion and implementation of sustainable business practices. This award honours those who have demonstrated exceptional leadership, innovation, and commitment to creating a positive impact on the environment, society, and the economy through their sustainable business initiatives.
Sustainable Vision and Strategy:
Nominees should showcase a well-defined, comprehensive, and forward-thinking sustainable vision for their business. This includes a clear strategy outlining how they integrate sustainable practices into their core business operations and long-term plans around at least 2 of the 4 criteria below.
Judges will assess the nominee's ability to achieve tangible and quantifiable results in their sustainable business efforts. This could involve improved sustainability metrics, certifications, awards, and recognition from reputable bodies.
Recognising that most FinTechs will be in very early stages on their sustainability journey demonstrable measures could include:
Scalability and Replicability:
Consideration will be given to how easily the nominee's sustainable practices can be scaled and replicated by other businesses, promoting a ripple effect of sustainable impact across industries.
Self-nominations or nominations by others are accepted, and nominees should submit a detailed application highlighting their sustainable initiatives and achievements.
The winner will be announced during the EWPN Awards ceremony on October 2nd in Vienna.
The "Sustainable Business Champion of the Year" award aims to inspire and encourage businesses to embrace sustainable practices, serving as a beacon of hope for a greener, more responsible, and prosperous future.
2.The Positive Troublemaker Award (2 awards)
Description:The Positive Trouble Awards will recognise one woman* and one male ally* who has been, and continues to be, very vocal in promoting diversity & inclusion in the industry, especially in areas where women and minority groups are absent or under-represented. The recipients have continuously demonstrated through actions their strong beliefs that diverse organisations are better run, more successful and more innovative than homogenous ones. Recipients should meet at least 3 of the following criteria:
● A known fintech or payments evangelist, who “got there” by blazing the trail where there was none before (and continues to blaze the trail today), all the while displaying high integrity, ethical and professional standards
● An active sponsor, mentor and promoter of gender equality
● Doesn’t hesitate to loudly advocate, promote and fight for diversity in the industry
● Has no problem publicly calling out and refusing to participate in “Manels”
● Speaks up and is not afraid to point out non-inclusive or poor behaviour
● Goes the extra mile to create positive environments to encourage innovation, diversity and leadership
● Known for being a good mentor to fellow women in the industry
● Responsible for and champions internal and external policies and programs to maximise the contributions and influence of a diverse team in their workforce and/or across the industry
*Individual must be working and based in Europe
3.Fintech/ Payments Leader of the Year
Description:The Fintech/Payments Leader of the Year will recognise one woman*, who has demonstrated the most leadership in Fintech/Payments. She has persistently shaped the Fintech/Payments dialogue and supported the Fintech community in Europe. The recipient should meet at least 3 of the following criteria:
● Recognised thought leader and fintech/payments evangelist known for her distinguished leadership and inspiring work in making a positive impact in her company and the financial services industry
● Demonstrable impact of significant financial, strategic and fintech innovative value to her company, investors, customers and community
● Demonstrable dedication and commitment to clients and customer service
● Exceptional skills in managing and partnering with internal and external stakeholders
● A commitment to personal development and a clear vision of the goals they have for themselves
● Responsible for and champions internal and external policies and programs to build diverse teams, inspire the next generation, and mentor talent inside and outside her company
*Individual must have worked in the European Fintech/Payments industry for at least 3 years, and is also currently working and based in Europe
If you would like to submit yourself, your colleague, your organisation or someone who you think deserves any of the awards listed below, please fill in the form below. Please note that only ONE form of submission can be received from one individual.