Jekaterina Govina is an Advisor to the Board Member of the Lietuvos bankas (Bank of Lithuania).
Jekaterina takes part in developing policies for the fintech industry in Lithuania. She is coordinator of the Bank of Lithuania Fintech strategy and Head of Innovation Committee. She also leads the Bank of Lithuania LBChain project (blockchain sandbox/accelerator).
She has been working as a lawyer in various divisions of the Bank of Lithuania, with the areas of responsibility that included insurance, payments, lending, peer-to-peer lending and crowdfunding regulations. She has been awarded as a Public Sector Lawyer of the Year for developing the concept of the crowdfunding regulation in Lithuania and preparing the draft law on crowdfunding and was acknowledged by Lattice80 as one of the Top 100 Women in Fintech
Full work experience:
- Adviser to the Board Member - Bank of Lithuania, Oct 2016–Present
- Chief Lawyer/Licensing Division - Bank of Lithuania, Sep 2016–Oct 2016
- Chief Lawyer/Financial Services Supervision Division - Bank of Lithuania, Jan 2012–Aug 2016
- Chief Specialist, Insurance Supervisory Authority, Jan 2009–Dec 2011
Speaker at international conferences:
- 2017-10-20 ECN CrowdCon, Vilnius, panel discussion “"How are banks and traditional financial actors reacting to a new paradigm of online access to finance?"
- 2018-06-27 5th Central Bank Executive Summit, Vienna, panel discussion “4.0 - The digital Revolution”
- 2018-09-21 Ukrainian Financial Forum, Odesa, panel discussion “Blockchain: opportunities and threats for crypto currencies in Ukraine”
- 2018-10-17 Global Money Transfer Summit (GMTS), London, panel discussion: “EU Regulators - How are EU Regulators Preparing for the New EU Environment?”
- 2018-11-14 IMTC World 2018, Miami: Panel discussion on EU vs US regulatory framework for Fintech industry
- 2018-12-05 4th Annual Fintech Connect Global, London, panel discussion on digital transformation and presentation on Bank of Lithuania blockchain accelerator
- 2018-12-17 High-Level Forum Africa-Europe, Vienna: Panel discussion on Fintech
Contact her via LinkedIn.